Friday, July 20, 2007

Special needs school shuts down in wake of drowning

Special needs school shuts down in wake of drowning

My thoughts and condolences go out to poor Jayson's family. Losing a child is a horrible thing to have to go through, I'm sure it's every parent's worst nightmare. I know it's definitely mine. I'm not sure I'd handle it as well as they seem to be - Connie McCuistion, his grandmother, says in a video interview, "I'm not blaming anybody at this point, there's nobody to blame. We're just trying to figure out how, we want to know why."

I wonder if parents of ADHD & autistic kids have those particular nightmares more often though, than the parents of (so-called) "normal" kids. It seems like so much more can go wrong, or maybe is just more likely to go wrong, because our kids don't always have that "common sense" that tells them "that's a bad idea."

No comments: