Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Favorite hospital

Writing the last post made me think about needing to cheer for PCH a little.

<cheer>

If you're in the metro Phoenix area and you have a child needing special care, there's no better place to be than Phoenix Children's Hospital. We've been there several times now, for surgery, tests like MRIs, X-rays and CAT scans, and for specialist appointments. While I can't say that being in a hospital is exactly *fun* (I wouldn't go there instead of say, a movie ;) - they make the experience as fun as it can be. The walls are decorated with bright colors and kid-friendly artwork and sculpture, and most are meant to be touched. All the people are friendly and happy to be there and to be working with kids, which was such a relief and a reassurance to us as parents. When Matt was going to have surgery and we reached the point where I couldn't go any further with him, they let him ride in in a red wagon so he wouldn't be scared. (I was terrified ;). They were great about letting me know how things were going and how he was doing, and were very supportive when he came out (which was a big deal to the terrified mama ;).

</cheer>

OK, I'm done ;).

No comments: