It feels like it just got out, doesn't it? I'm not ready to see Wal-Mart and Target stocked with back-to-school supplies! We don't even have the letter from the school yet with the kids' teacher assignments and school supply lists, and we're missing the sales. Yeesh.
For us, it's also already time to start the "advocating" process with the school. My daughter has a 504 plan, which was just established near the end of her last school year. But this year, she'll be in middle school - and her dr. just told me that the 504 plans don't always transfer automatically as they're supposed to. My son's at least in the same school, but a new teacher.
I think that the advocating for me is one of the hardest parts. I love my kids - but by nature, I'm a pretty laid-back person. I'm not really the battle-all-comers type, unless and until someone starts messing with my kids. (Then I go into the whole mama-bear thing ;) - but don't we all?). So the yearly battle of educating new teachers and new administration on my little one's abilities and disabilities is stressful. I wish the whole process was a little easier; that I didn't have to fight tooth and nail for every little thing. Keep your fingers crossed for me - I'm going to be needing all the luck I can get!
Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment