I took my kids to their doctor's appointment the other day, and found out that their doctor had left the practice! We'd just been there the week before, and their doctor didn't say anything. According to the office staff, she's starting her own practice in another town, but not for a while... hmmmm. Odd.
So, we're moving to a new practice. Nothing against the old one, but if I have to retrain a new doctor with our complicated history anyway ;) it might as well be at the family practice my husband and I go to, Caring For Families on Ray Rd. in Phoenix. We had a happy surprise too when discussing it with Dr. Whitten - she's actually heard of Noonan's Syndrome! Although Noonan's is thought to occur about once in every thousand or so live births, none of the doctors we've dealt with outside of Phoenix Children's seem to have heard of it. As a result, starting with a new doctor always seems to involve lots of research and discussion. If she's at least heard of it though, that's a good sign. Maybe this time will be easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment