I hate politics. Most years I avoid anything politically related like it's the plague. This year I've actually been interested, surprisingly, if for no other reason than I'm determined to emigrate if Bush 2.0 gets elected. Like many Americans, I simply can't afford another four years of Bush-I mean, McCain. If we lose our health insurance due to McCain's health plan, we're screwed.
ADHD is one of those big, fat, pre-existing conditions that independant insurance companies love to disallow. As it is, we can barely afford the "copays" (*cough* highway robbery *cough* *cough*) that we pay for the priviledge of stimulant medication. After all, we don't really need it, right? Just need discipline, right?? I've threatened to make people babysit my kids when they say that... they don't say it twice. XD And I'm sorry, a thousand bucks "tax credit" doesn't even begin to cover our family's med co-pays, never mind specialist visits, surgeries, growth hormone, etc., etc.
So, here's to hoping that our vote doesn't get 'lost' and actually means something. My husband voted on his way to work. Got up and out of the house to be there the minute the polls opened, so he could go to work afterwards. Turns out there was a hour and a half-long wait ... AT 6:00 A.M. Just goes to show you how much everyone cares about it this year. We're all in the same boat.
Hubby did offer to come home early so I could vote without the kids, but I decided that it was more important to expose the kids to the election process than to have a little easier, quieter, less hyperactive wait in line... wait a minute..., what am I thinking?! LOL!
Just kidding. We're going to make sure we have our medication XD, bring lots to do, and I'm sure thoroughly irritate the folks in line next to us while learning about and exercising our constitutional right to vote.
I'm really, really glad I have one, and I want to make sure my daughter is too.

No comments:
Post a Comment